The Historic Resources Program at Hicks & Company specializes in the areas of history, architectural history, archival research, field surveys, and mitigation planning. Our staff meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards and is well versed in state and federal regulations, including the Antiquities Code of Texas, Sections 106 and 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, and Section 4(f) of the U.S. Department of Transportation Act.
Our team of experienced professionals understands the role of historic preservation within the overall field of environmental compliance and maintains the highest standards of documentation and report production.
- Historic resource survey reports
- Archival research
- Field survey and photo documentation
- National Register of Historic Places nominations
- Sections 106 and 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act coordination
- Antiquities Code of Texas coordination
- Public involvement
- Oral histories
- Preservation planning
- HABS/HAER report preparation
- Mitigation planning
- Memoranda of Agreement (MOA) preparation
- Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) preparation
- Programmatic Agreement (PA) preparation