Hicks & Company Environmental/Archeological Consultants is an environmental consulting firm located in Austin, Texas seeking a motivated, organized, and detail-oriented business professional. The role requires excellent communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines, and a strong work ethic. The responsibilities include monthly invoicing for work performed, providing administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the office, and serving the needs of our clients. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel. Prior work experience performing these duties is necessary, preferably in the professional services industry. Hicks & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proficient computer skills
Ability to operate general office equipment, including a phone system
Motivated, dependable, and adaptable
Strong attention to detail
Assist with generating monthly invoices and submittals to clients
Organize files, schedule meetings, and manage calendars
Maintain project database, master contracts, and invoicing files
Request and maintain Certificates of Insurance
Set up new projects and clients
Answer phone calls
Provide administrative support to management
Hicks & Company Environmental/Archeological Consultants is looking for a highly motivated professional to join our talented group. We have maintained a competitive edge for over 29 years in the environmental consulting business by hiring the best and the brightest, and our focus in filling this position will be to continue that trend. To be considered, candidates must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team. The professional who fills this role is expected for perform GIS data development, integration and analysis, produce maps and graphics, and extract, analyze and report data. This work requires skill with finding and exporting data files from government agencies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create, maintain and update GIS databases using the ESRI suite of ArcGIS software.
- Collect, prepare, digitize and code spatial data into GIS format and convert GPS data in to GIS datasets.
- Conduct mapping research to ensure accurate use of data and resolve conflicting information.
- Evaluate, analyze and implement GIS information needs and/or assist technical professionals in analysis and assessment of a variety of disciplines.
- Generate reports and produce graphics for use internally and by clients.
- Interpret source documents, such as engineering plans, plot maps and legal descriptions and enter required data into the GIS.
- Provide technical assistance and support for GIS projects, applications and data.
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems or related field.
- Experience using Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) products in cartographic production, GIS or GPS analysis (2–4 years preferred).
- Experience working independently and under deadlines.
This position offers a challenging and important role on a team with a steadfast commitment to quality work. We offer great benefits, a positive work environment and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. We are accepting resumes from interested and qualified candidates – please use the form below. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues with the form. Hicks & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.