Hicks & Company is looking for highly motivated professionals to join our talented group in Austin, Texas.
Project Archeologist or Principal Investigator
Hicks & Company is looking for a highly motivated Project Archeologist or Principal Investigator to join our talented group in Austin, Texas. This position offers the opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary team of environmental professionals with a demonstrated history in cultural resource management. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, a commitment to quality work, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This is a full-time, salaried position in Austin with travel throughout Texas.
- Conducting field work (Phases I, II, and III) under the Antiquities Code of Texas and Section 106 of the NHPA, either as Project Archeologist or Principal Investigator;
- Providing oversight to field crews;
- Serving as primary and co-author for archeological reports, background studies, research designs, etc.; and
- Contributing to laboratory analysis and curation efforts.
Minimum qualifications and experience include:
A Master’s degree in archeology or related field (anthropology, geosciences, etc.) with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience OR a Bachelor’s degree with 7 years of relevant work experience will be considered. Candidates must meet the Secretary of Interior professional qualification standards in Archeology and possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience providing oversight to field crews;
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations, including Section 106, the Antiquities Code of Texas, and NEPA;
- Ability and willingness to travel (primarily in Texas);
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. and work in various terrain and weather conditions;
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills;
- Experience using GPS devices as well as the ability to interpret GIS data; and
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
This position offers a challenging and important role on a team with a demonstrated commitment to quality work. We offer great benefits, a positive work environment, and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Interested and qualified candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, and two technical writing by using the form below or by emailing email@example.com. Hicks & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.