Hicks & Company Environmental/Archeological Consultants is looking for an experienced architectural historian for our Austin office. To be considered, candidates must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Architectural History and have experience working with the Texas Historical Commission (THC) and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). Responsibilities for the position will include managing architectural history projects, completing the history components of multidisciplinary projects, and developing successful proposals. Specific duties will include performing surveys of historic properties throughout Texas, writing and reviewing technical reports and proposals, and coordinating historic documentation and public outreach under Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as lead historian and project manager.
- Develop and manage project budgets and schedules.
- Lead historic resources proposals and business development efforts.
- Collaborate with other discipline leads and project managers.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in architectural history, art history, historic preservation, or closely related field with coursework in American architectural history.
- Experience coordinating historic resources surveys with TxDOT and the THC.
- Ability to work closely with other staff members in a professional working environment.
Hicks & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer great benefits, a positive work environment and room to grow personally and professionally. Interested candidates can email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.