Senior Archeologist/Principal Investigator
Hicks & Company is looking for a highly motivated, senior archeologist to join our talented group. Our Senior Archeologist/Principal Investigator position offers the opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary team of environmental professionals and to manage projects and develop business in the cultural resources management field. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, a commitment to quality work, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. This is a full-time, salaried position in Austin with travel throughout Texas.
Important aspects of the position:
- Serving as Principal Investigator (PI) and primary author for archeological survey reports, research designs, and other technical documents;
- Obtaining and managing Antiquities Permits from the THC (with no defaulted permits);
- Managing and conducting archeological fieldwork investigations (Phases I, II, and III), including supervising field crews;
- Technical report writing, including constraints analyses, background studies, and archeological survey reports;
- Marketing, developing and managing clients, and leading and participating in proposal efforts;
- Supervising and mentoring cultural resources staff in the field, in the office, and in the lab.
Minimum qualifications and experience include:
- A or M.S. in archeology, anthropology, or related field;
- Must meet the Secretary of Interior professional qualification standards in Archeology;
- 5 + years of relevant work experience is required, including supervising projects in Texas;
- TxDOT experience and ability to meet the standards of the 2.10.1 pre-certification is required;
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations, including Section 106, the Antiquities Code of Texas, and NEPA;
- Strong relationships with THC staff;
- Proficiency in marketing, business development, client management, and large proposal efforts;
- Experience in preparing project cost-estimates and managing projects to completion within budget;
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. and work in various terrain and weather conditions;
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and experience with database management;
- Experience with using GPS devices as well as the ability to interpret GIS data;
- Ability to work independently.
This position offers a challenging and important role on a team with a commitment to quality work. We offer great benefits, a positive work environment, and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. Salary is commensurate with experience. We are accepting resumes from qualified candidates via the form below or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hicks & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, and two technical writing samples either using the form below or by emailing email@example.com. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Hicks & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time