Hicks & Company’s archeology program specializes in prehistoric and historic archeological investigations to comply with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), the Antiquities Code of Texas, and other applicable regulations.
We provide archeological services to many federal and state agencies, including the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), U.S. International Boundary Water Commission (USIBWC), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD), and the Texas Historical Commission (THC), as well as local municipalities and private utility companies.
- Archeological Impact Evaluation, Survey, Testing, and Data Recovery services
- Artifact Analysis, Reporting and Curation
- Federal, State and Municipal Agency Coordination
- Geomorphological Studies and Specialized Analysis
- Constraints Analysis, Predictive Modeling, Probability Models, and NEPA Documentation and Report Production
- Research Designs and Cultural Resource Management Plans
- Construction Monitoring
- Historical Archival Research